Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Upgrading from Xtreme 5 to Photo & Graphic Designer 7

Hi,

I'd like to upgrade to the current successor to Xtreme 5 but am unable to get the Xara website to take the order. I've also tried opening a ticket and sent emails to sales@xara.com with no response. Is there anyone there who wants to take money?

--Ben

Default Re: Upgrading from Xtreme 5 to Photo & Graphic Designer 7

well us being a user forum, that could be a leading question

the most important thing of all - do you have your unlock key [activation code] for the xtreme 5 you use now, and did you buy it from the xara site? if you did buy it from them you would have created an account and that's where you need to be - if not create an account and register your xtreme 5 and then with a bit of luck you can upgrade it there instead
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Photo and Graphics Designer is the lite version of Designer Pro 7. I would go for Designer Pro 7. Especially if you can use the additional features.

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    well us being a user forum, that could be a leading question

the most important thing of all - do you have your unlock key [activation code] for the xtreme 5 you use now, and did you buy it from the xara site? if you did buy it from them you would have created an account and that's where you need to be - if not create an account and register your xtreme 5 and then with a bit of luck you can upgrade it there instead
    Yes, I purchased it from the Xara site originally. Went through their upgrade pages and they say there's an upgrade. It just doesn't work when you try to use it.

--Ben

Hi Gary,

I currently have Xtreme 5 and Web Designer Premium 7. Is there any difference between that and Designer Pro 7? Sadly, I only get to use it occasionally.

--Ben

Quote Originally Posted by bconner View Post
    Yes, I purchased it from the Xara site originally. Went through their upgrade pages and they say there's an upgrade. It just doesn't work when you try to use it.

--Ben
    if you were signed into the account you used when you purchased the xtreme 5, and the upgrade does not work, that is a matter only Xara Ltd can deal with - as far as I recall as long as you are signed in to that specific account [some of us have more than one] it should work..
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...