Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Hi New and needing a heap of help

Hi I am really old and very new to computer graphic stuff.
    Not very computer literate either.
    I do know how to add a photo and or clip art to a doc or publisher, and I can be taught lol, but can be a tad slow.

I do hope I wont be too much of a pain to everyone as I now challenge myself to learn more about graphical stuff.

I am wanting to learn how to make things like certificates and stuff and design my own stuff. I am a terrible artist cant even draw stick people well.

my first question is what is a good program for this type of stuff, and one that is fairly non expensive.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Hi New and needing a heap of help

Hello Mirrabook, Welcome to Talkgraphics.

Check out Xara Photo and Graphic Designer or Designer Pro. Even Designer Pro when compared to software such as Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop is very reasonably priced. And you will find lots of help for both of those here at TG.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Thanks, I will have to ask about the Xara it is not a name I am familiar with. I have heard of the Adobe & Photoshop & Corel and there are a couple of others.
    I will check out the Xara now.

Hi

this is also the kind of thing that drawplus claims to be good at - unfortunately serif do not give unrestricted free trials [but they do give a money back guarantee]

the limited free version is here: http://www.serif.com/free-graphic-design-software/ - yours to keep

and details of the full version here: http://www.serif.com/drawplus/

the link to xara designer free trial [unrestricted] is here: http://www.xara.com/uk/downloads/designer/ - you may well not need the pro version

all reputable software gives a free trial [or at the very least a no-question money back guarantee] - always try several before you buy and make no hasty descisions - come back here for advice you will always be welcome
    Last edited by handrawn; 13 October 2011 at 09:18 AM. Reason: clumsy pre-coffee fingers
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Welcome to Talkgraphics, Mirrabook. Like handrawn says, try a few different programs out and see what you like. Everyone around here is very helpful for any questions you may need answered.