Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Linking back from a different server

I'm using a Webstyle menu for my website for the letting of a property. Some of the links point to booking system pages hosted on a different server (run by a third party). My problem is that the links back to the pages hosted on my server no longer work as they are prefixed by the domain name of the third party server i.e. http://www.thirdpartyserver.co.uk/ww...rver/index.htm.

I've got around the problem by creating blank pages on the third party server which automatically re-direct back to my pages but it's a bit of a messy solution. Is there a way of doing this from within the menu itself?

Thanks

Default Re: Linking back from a different server

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Ah, yes. Well the page you link to would have to have a link back to your site. But I can understand why this might not be possible. (It is nearly impossible for me to get The New York Times to link back to my site when I link to one of their articles. )

In the program you are using to create your web content, you can ask the visitor to use the Back button in her or his browser to return to your site, or you can link using the Open Link in New Window option.

In Xara Web Designer 7 you can do this in the Link menu (see attachment).

What this does is open the link in a new browser window but it does not close your site. So when your visitor closes the window to which you have linked, your page is still open.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new-window.png 
Views:	251 
Size:	12.4 KB 
ID:	84633  

Default Re: Linking back from a different server

Many thanks for your help.