Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Glossy Text Effect Tutorial for XD7

I had a look at your file, and it works fine for me. My example above could also be very easily left as editable text, I happened to chose a font that was not one that would commonly be on most computers so I converted it to shapes for compatibility reasons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by beretgascon View Post
    Keep me posted. I doubt it's anything to do with your abilities, that's for sure.
    Well, it not a font problem.....just installed Mr. "Cooper Black" and still can not edit without crashing xdp7.

I can open the clipped group for editing and it shows the transparency and that alone...any edits to it when saved create the crash.

Perhaps I am trying to edit [study, in this case] this text effect your are sharing improperly, but it seems to be locked up to editing?

Thanks anyway,
    minstrel

Alright..........success finally! And thanks for this example.........it will come to the rescue many times!

....some tips for others who per chance might stumble on my mistakes.

1. When you 'open clipped group' do yourself a favor and drop a color onto the page background............you will see what going on. [remove it when before you save edits]
    2. When you 'ungroup' to edit do yourself another favor and re-group the buggers...........that's what I neglected to do and that's what caused the crash!

Again thanks for the workout......now I got to get back to work!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	glossy text.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	84606  
    Last edited by minstrel; 10 October 2011 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Got IT!
    ...the best is yet to come!

no problems here with XP&G7 [had to give pro version a miss this time round - maybe ver 8 ] - nice one Frank..
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks Steve. Sorry for the problems you had minstrel. Glad you got it sorted.

My reason for posting in the first place wasn't to crash people's computers(!) but rather to show that the video demonstration was, in my opinion, a convoluted way to go about something that can be achieved quite simply.

Hope it helps.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.