Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Introducing... Freebie Friday

I'm hoping this will become a monthly posting, on the first Friday of each month I'm going to post a kind fo grab bag of free goodies. They may be freebies I've found on the net, or .xar files I've created myself, my own hi res texture photos, etc. They may be geared towards graphics, or website design or 3D stuff or even all of the above. Any links to download from other sites will be tested and checked out.

There is however a catch! I'm willing to put in the time to find and/or create these resources, each month but I want to see or at least hear about how you are using this stuff. So all it will take to keep me inspired to continue this will be a little participation from you. Post examples, and /or feedback in this thread.

Now on with the Freebies! This month since it is October I'm starting out with a site that has some nice free spooky fonts: Sinister Visions

Next I have a High res texture photo, great for all kinds of things!

Finally I have a zip file containing a folder of 6 basic rough paper shapes that I'm sure can have many uses!
    rough paper shapes.zip Each shape is a separate .xar file so you can easily add the folder to your designs gallery.

Enjoy! And don't forget to post back here and let me know how you use them!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: Introducing... Freebie Friday

Some good stuff there, Frances.

I certainly appreciate your efforts.

The font site has some great looking fonts, your high-res photo is superb and thanks very much for the rough paper shapes.

Now, if only I know where I could use those paper shapes!

Thing is, it's stuff like that, we all look for when we need it quickly. So, I've made a folder to save the paper shapes into.

Cheers.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Thanks Rik, It's not just about wanting my efforts to be appreciated although it's a nice feeling. This idea is also and mainly about increasing participation on the forum, and giving back to the community.

The rough paper shapes were in a folder inside the zip file all you should have had to do was extract or unzip the folder and easily add it to the Designs Gallery.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |

I learned about zip files, back in 1993 I think.
    So, I've already unzipped and saved in a folder (as mentioned in my post).
    All I said was that I didn't know how/where to use the papers yet.

And I think you are so wrong about 'efforts'.
    It doesn't take much to say a thankyou or well done (if meant genuinely).

999 views and 1 reply is not participation and I applaud anyone for trying to get others interested.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Thanks, Frances

I've put them aside in my "for later use" folder, bet when I use some of it I'll post it.
    Guy -

I love these tools

Hey, I love the Freebie Fridays idea!

I haven't done anything with them YET, but it's a great idea and I bet they'll inspire various people to try some things with them.

A couple of the rough paper shapes and the hi-res texture look especially nice/useful. Thanks for sharing...

James

Thanks so Much Frances
    You do so much to help others and give back to the community. I will have to agree with Rik.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Thanks Rik, James and Bruce. I just want to be sure that I didn't come off as whining for attention, because not what this is about. I am glad that these freebies will be useful and like I said in my opening post I do hope to make this a regular thing, and anyone is welcome to post examples of how they use the freebies in this thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Very good find on the fonts and I like the photo too, although at the moment I have no idea where I might use it. Great idea, thank you Frances.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

All great stuff frances. You are a great contributor to this forum as can be seen from your posts. I for one always look for your post when posting a new website and when you have updates to your own website.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk