Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Sketching on my eeepc with the latest xara 7- misbehaving with variable width

Hey all,

using my wacom tablet and my laptop. Drawing simple line shapes with both of the sketch buttons clicked. That is to say, the variable line width with pressure sensitivity, and the "open line drawing" mode. After maybe 30-40 lines drawn, i notice that every new line doesn't "respond" the same way. Circular shapes are lagged and then drawn almost with 90 degree angles.

When the pressure sensitivity is turned off, it responds properly, no lag, no right angles as i am making circular fluid motions with my tablet.

Anyone else have this problem?

RonC
    Ron Cavagnaro

Default Re: Sketching on my eeepc with the latest xara 7- misbehaving with variable width

yes
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: Sketching on my eeepc with the latest xara 7- misbehaving with variable width

In pressure mode the program has to redraw the all lines underneath the one you are drawing, so the more lines, the more time it takes to redraw the area where you are drawing your new line.

The more powerful your computer is the faster it will redraw and the better it will keep up with your tablet movements. (And if you have XDP it makes use of multiple cores if you have them.)

You can make things better by grouping some of the strokes together or by putting them on different layers. Then the program can remember what the whole group or layer looks like and redraw the whole thing at one go instead of redrawing the lines one by one.

Phil

No problem... It's interesting to me because it seems to run fine with any of the pressure presets. I'm glad to know it's just a cpu limitation issue and not a xara issue!

RonC
    Ron Cavagnaro

thanks for the explanation Phil
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Oh this is very helpful, I have noticed this before too, and I thought It was my tablet!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.