Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Importing JPEG photos - colours

Hi all - this may be a stupid question (probably) but I'm noticing a problem importing photos into Xara 7 - the photos have a "green" sheen to them - I've only noticed as I've been using xara to print out some photos for a friend who's printer died. he uses powerpoint to print his and the difference between the two is really marked! i'm assuming it's due to CMYK/RGB differences (ppt is RGB) but I can't for the life me see where I can alter the Xara settings so the photos come in as per ppt. Can anyone help?!

Default Re: Importing JPEG photos - colours

is the 'green' noticable on the screen, the print, or both?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

both unfortunately -

well I am no expert here you understand...

Xara is RGB

the story does not end there though - all monitors and indeed all printers have their own colour profiles

first thing I would do is check how the photograph looks in other editors on your computer, or simply in the widows viewer if you don't have any other editors installed - Word even

it's possible if the colouration persists that is actually on the photo [and ppt was compensating?]

if it is possible to upload one of the photos [or a representative crop sample] you may get better help in how to correct the problem - and we can see if we get the same issues when we edit
    Nothing lasts forever...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	84468

can't upload file but here's a screenshot that should illustrate the problem nicely. Xara on left, ppt on right...

ok - and both the programs are on your computer and its a jpg file taken with a digital camera?

if so, I suggest you refer the question to the photography forum as well, because it would then look like it may be a post processing issue rather than a graphics one and sadly I can't help you there
    Last edited by handrawn; 04 October 2011 at 01:15 PM. Reason: clumsy fingers
    Nothing lasts forever...

ok thanks Steve j - yes same pc, same file etc

right - good luck - I'll leave this thread here so its covered both ways...
    Nothing lasts forever...

Guest Guest

This looks to me that the Source Image was colour-corrected in a Program such as Photoshop and also got a Colour-Profile assigned which may be embedded in jpg format too.
    Powerpoint seems to support Colour-Profiles as the image displays properly here.
    Xara doesn't. When importing Bitmaps it just discards any assigned Colour Profile and replaces it with some internal scheme which should be the reason for your nasty Colour change.
    I'd say the quick solution was not using Xara in this case and instead creating a pdf from the Powerpoint -Document and try to print that.