Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Fonts not showing up on mac's in pdf export

I have been exporting docs to pdf/x and the fonts are not showing up on Macs only on pc's anyone else seen this? If this is a bug I hope we are not going to have to wait until next version for this to be fixed.

Default Re: Fonts not showing up on mac's in pdf export

The best thing to do is selection the option to convert the text to shapes.

Font's map differently on PC and MACs. If you Mac person needs to be able to edit the text then she or he will need to have the same fonts installed.

You will see whatever fonts you use because they are installed on your computer.

But if you convert to shapes then the text becomes a simple vector object.

Also, are you seeing any error messages when you export the PDF/X file? If your fonts are copyrighted they may not embed and this could also be a problem.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fonts to shapes.png 
Views:	154 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	84342  

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I know nothing about Macs, but when you export to pdf/x have you tried the convert all fonts to shapes option? (advanced settings > options tab)

Edit beat to it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Yes, I had seen the popup that font was copyrighted and could not be embedded but then I changed all the fonts to another font. They were showing up on other pc's fine even ones that didn't have the font but not macs. I'll look into that other option though of converting everything to outline. I have to do that for printers in Illustrator but usually had to do it manually as I dont think there is a global conversion. Thanks.