Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I keep getting access code violations
    in xara x .
    Has any one else had this problem ? If so Is there some thing I can do to fix this problem

thanx in advance
    mesteno

I keep getting access code violations
    in xara x .
    Has any one else had this problem ? If so Is there some thing I can do to fix this problem

thanx in advance
    mesteno

1 - What were you doing when you got the violation?
    2 - How about a screen shot of the code error?

http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/Op...&ul=1101906325 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Eye Site Web Design
    Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

Hi Mesteno,

If you do not have version 1.0d CD then you should download the patch from the Xara site. Many of us experience the errors before the patch was available. If you already have the patch then as Dale advised, please provide a little more information.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

As Dale and Soquili asked, try to be more specific. I have had then and still do if I use some of the brushes or have to much going on with the freehand tool. Even the patch didn't help those areas, though other areas are cured of the vioations and bugs!!

so do this, create a "sketch" or something that is not valuable to you in XaraX and play around with the tools and see what happens. Try the brush tool first and see if that does it. If that turns out to be problem, don't sweat it, XaraX is well worth the money with or without the brush tool as far as I'm concerned!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Richard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

http://www.imira.com/Album/photo.asp...0810&ImgType=0
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

i have been tring to re-produce the event that caused the violation codes but of coarse
    to no avail
    so i will just have to explain as best i can.
    1st_ although i am receiving violation code
    while using my brushes it did not start untill three days ago after down loading some brushes from xara xone. and actualy these are not the ones that overly concern me.

the ones I am concerned about occur when i am using clip art and ,quick shape tool and fill or shading /transparency,
    in clip art is usualy when i am testing clip art for size to ad to my project/ s I drag and drop most all my clip art so i can easly undo instead of deleat
    one other thing may be important or it may not
    I have usualy been at it for a while maybe several hours

Sometimes although rarely it occurs in my free hand tool,

does this help any? hope so .

when these violations occur xara will not allow me any further program access and shuts down completeley. and i will loose every thing i was working on since the last save

most frustrating

mesteno

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

For some reason if you add a brush to an existing brush templet and save the next time you try to access the brush you get an Access Violation message.

Work around this by saving new brushes in separate files creating a new folder just for brush files elsewhere on your hard drive from Xara. (Do not save them as a new brush templet) Load it into the Clip Art folder and update it as you add new brush files.

There is a second advantage to this because you only drag the brush you want to use into the drawing instead of a whole library and you don't have to scroll through dozens of brushes to get to what you want.

Judi

http://fasolt.mtcc.com/~mom/xsquirrel.gif

My Stuff

for a while and found that my CPU was running hot due to a buildup of dust, cat fur etc. around the fans. A good clean out and no more problems. Got to be worth a try

derek

I had an error with brushes everytime I edited them and then did a Save rather that a Save As New - Xara X would instantly shutdown.

I checked in Windows Explorer and discovered that the file had a property of Read Only! As soon as I changed this, no more problems.

Perhaps something similar to this is happening with your file.

and sure enough quite a few of the files were 'read only' so I changed that to 'archive' and all subsiquent folders and files in that area. I can now use the fur brushes of: hair_set, livinks, sibtiger and blackcat. But all the others still give me an access violation and the program exists in a blink of an eye!!

There is most definitely a problem with some peoples set ups. I don't think it's the program itself at this point but maybe an exclusion of certain types of video cards and what not that XaraX is having a time working with and thus some of us have this problem with crashes for unknown reasons or reasons that do not make sense because some of us are not affected!!!

Richard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

http://www.imira.com/Album/photo.asp...0810&ImgType=0
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---