Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default No such file or directory error after 7.1 update.

I have had no problems updating my sites with XWDP 7.0. After updating to ver 7.1, I can no longer update my site. When I save and then export my site and then try to publish my site I get this error. " /index_htm_files: No such file or directory "
    That directory is still on my site as I can see it with FileZilla.

As a test, I saved my Xara working directory (mysite.web) site to another location on my hard drive and changed the upload directory in XARA to another of my web domains. I set up the new site's address in the PUBLISH preferences and then , saved, exported and then published the site. That worked with no problems.

So, I can apparently publish to a new empty domain, but I can not continue to use ver 7.1 to update my existing sites.

I am running Windows 7 home premium 64bit.

Any help will be much appreciated!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xaraerror.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	13.0 KB 
ID:	84272  

Default I have tracked down the glitch.

I attached a screenshot from Filezilla of the file structure of my web domain. Notice that it says the remote site is /www/www. This is how all of my domains are structured from my web hosting company, I have no control over that. In WebDesigner 7.0, I did not have to put anything in the SUB-FOLDER line on the PUBLISH properties and everything worked, my sites published from within WebDesigner and appeared in the /www/www folder ( see the image below). Then if you typed www.mysite.com in a browser, my Xara designed site appeared.

After the update to 7.1 this changed. I finally got it to work by putting /www/www/ in the SUB-FOLDER block on the PUBLISH properties.

Here is the kicker,

IF I click on the EXPLORE WEB SPACE button in the PUBLISH properties without the /www/www/ as a SUB-FOLDER, WebDesigner CAN see all of the files.... but WebDesigner can not find that directory if I try to publish with that setting. It can see the directory, but NOT find it to publish to it.

IF I click on the EXPLORE WEB SPACE button in the PUBLISH properties with the /www/www/ as a SUB-FOLDER, WebDesigner CAN NOT see the files via EXPLORE WEB SPACE.... but WebDesigner can find that directory if I try to publish with that setting. It can NOT see the directory, but CAN find it to publish to it.

Is this happening to anyone else, or do I have a corrupt update to ver 7.1?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	remotesite.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	10.9 KB 
ID:	84284  

Default Re: I have tracked down the glitch.

I am also having that issue. Thanks for your temporary fix. At least I can update until they work out the bugs.

Default Re: I have tracked down the glitch.

JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64