Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Can Photo Gallery tooltip be removed?

The photo gallery templates include a standard tooltip of "click to close image, click and drag to move .... etc." on the popup photos.

Is there a way to turn this off so that it does not appear? If there is no such setting, can it simply be edited out of the published HTML without causing a problem?

Thanks for any help.

Default Re: Can Photo Gallery tooltip be removed?

Not sure but try selecting the photo then opening the Website Properties > Image tabbed section. See if there is a photo caption in the Pop Up Title section.

If so change it or delete it.

I think you're talking about the Highslide popups so this would be controlled in the highslide.js file
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

this would be controlled in the highslide.js file
    Yes, that's it. I found it in the file. I'll have to do some research to see how to remove it ... but at least I'm on my way to a solution.

Thanks!

Problem is, you'll have to remove it every time you export/publish a site with pages that use HighSlide

I'd just leave it. People expect tools tips and it might conceivably help with SEO [though that's a guess]
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Thanks for the advice, but the panels I'm putting up have text to read and the large tooltip is a distraction. I was hoping to find a source copy of the js file contents and make the change in one place. I'm still investigating the possibilities.

Well, look at C:\Program Files\Xara\*\Filters

But, editing this file may break the app's ability to export websites. Certainly it would break EULA. Perhaps not a good idea

You could use popup layers instead. Full control of ALT and TITLE text then
    Last edited by zaphodeist; 28 September 2011 at 02:47 AM.

You could use popup layers instead.
    Actually, I had looked into that possibility a while back because of another reason. Mainly, it gives me control over what is shown as the thumbnail versus the full image. I'll try it.

Thanks for reminding me. Re: Filters ... I couldn't find anything editable.

Let us know how it goes :-)

My initial results are fairly good. The overlay layer gives plenty of control of the content ... but with the loss of the enlarge/collapse effect. Maybe the next release of HighSlide can add some flexibility ... like an option for how much of the full image is shown as the thumbnail ... and what the tooltip says ... and also what font the image caption uses. But, for now, I'm getting a result I can use.

For anyone looking to try popup layers, there's a good explanation in the help file under Layers, Mouseover (Rollove) & Pop-ups.