Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Unhappy My website looks wierd after clicking the first link.Home page is fine at first.HELP!

Ok guys im a newb, Please bare with me. Im using [ web designer 7]

I published a website. It looks fine when first visiting it.

But when you click on a link to another page it only shows text overlapping on itself and all messed up looking. and the whole design i did was not there.

I did not use a template. I designed it from scratch. Has anyone had this problem?
    Can someone tell me what im doing wrong?

Default Re: My website looks wierd after clicking the first link.Home page is fine at first.H

No example file that demonstrates the problem, no link to your site (most important), how does anyone know what and if something is wrong?

Take care, Mike

Default Re: My website looks wierd after clicking the first link.Home page is fine at first.H

Well, heres the thing.

The website i built has an entrepreneurial concept. If i release the idea by allowing
    many views , someone with more experience can run with the idea and do it before me. and being first is everything right now.

This story has been heard before, so you might think its corny and that im riding on my high horse but this is how real startups begin. Its going to be hard to get help.

Hi Properez

The first thing that springs to mind is that it may be a cache problem. If you view the on-line version and press CTRL+f5 does it improve matters.

ok i tried ctrlf5 like you said. Has not improved.

What do you think i should do next?

heres some more info: if i open the exported html pages from a folder on my laptop using a mozilla browser i can view the whole site with no problems. it looks awesome.

But when i view the actual hosted files it gives pages with a grey backround and only text that seems to be thrown around the screen overlapping eachother.
    you can also tell there is images and some design work i did but it doesnt show.

Maybe a server issue?

What do you think i should do next?

Post a link.

Sounds like a partial/failed upload. I would republish.

Just spoke with my server provider. They fixed one issue. Now all of my design is viewable but its all thrown around on the page. and looks nothing like it should. This is fustrating. They said it was an issue with the design and the software i was using.

Damn. All i did was design freely like Xara told me i can.

If it views OK from the hard drive then it should be viewable with no problems from a server. Did a new upload help ?

Deleted files on server and did upload about 5 times now. Im trying it now as we speak