Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast

Default Re: Fractal math and art

Special effects or not it sure catches the eye.

Default Let's Go to the Shoppe

Thank you, Graham!

I almost never use C4D as a rendering engine, but here's one that I think worked...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s_go_to_The_Shoppe.jpg 
Views:	343 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	109956

Default Re: Let's Go to the Shoppe

You really pull some amazing stuff out of that head of yours, Gary. The image brings back memories, chocolate shake and an order of fries please.

Default Re: Let's Go to the Shoppe

Quote Originally Posted by gray View Post
    You really pull some amazing stuff out of that head of yours, Gary. The image brings back memories, chocolate shake and an order of fries please.
    Whether the scene was ever real is sort of immaterial, isn't it? I think we share the same image in our memories, eh?

-g

Default Skylight

Name:	skylight.jpg 
Views:	421 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	111148

I'm not sure there's any deep meaning to this.

So if I'm not sure, then you're not sure!

Default The Summer Splotch watch Unisex Collection

I did this as a tutorial file for a graphics book.

Name:	Splorch_watch_advert.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	113195

I have no idea what the tutorial will be It (I'm open to suggestion), but the Cool Factor in my mind drove me to the finish line.

:)

Tick-tock,

Gary
    Last edited by Gare; 04 July 2016 at 11:25 AM.

Default Re: Skylight

I think it must be one of those "How many earth's does it take to screw in a light bulb?" or maybe the earth is a light bulb without a socket. Geez, I think I'll have another one of those. please.

Are those the new line of watches from Rolex? I have a friend with a couple of Rolex watches, poor guy never gets a compliment on them or even noticed. I have another friend who has a fake Rolex. I think it's called a Folex or something like that. He gets compliments on it all the time. There's a moral in this story somewhere, I just haven't found it. Anyway I like your watches, Gary.

I think it must be one of those "How many earth's does it take to screw in a light bulb?" or maybe the earth is a light bulb without a socket. Geez, I think I'll have another one of those. please.
    ...or just that I have a screw-y perspective on the world, eh?

Thanks!

Gary

Are those the new line of watches from Rolex? I have a friend with a couple of Rolex watches, poor guy never gets a compliment on them or even noticed. I have another friend who has a fake Rolex. I think it's called a Folex or something like that. He gets compliments on it all the time. There's a moral in this story somewhere, I just haven't found it. Anyway I like your watches, Gary.
    Thank you, Graham! I haven't really been contributing to this area lately...

Yes, there's a moral there. I have a habit of buying the cheapest, weird or impressive-looking watches, then let the battery run down and buy a new one because watch batteries can be 50% the price of the watch.

Then I let grocery store cashier wax fondly over their origins. "Oh, I love your watch. It looks like a museum piece or something. It was expensive, wasn't it. I'll bet there's some sort of story behind that watch. You're an artist, aren't you?..." and similar.

When I'm in a hurry, I just smile and silently mouth, "Thank you."

When I've got time, I tell the truth, "Oh, no. I got it at Sears for $10.00. But thanks, and I do like to draw."

I based the art above on the Swatch watches, my first I got in Florida in 1985. They'r emore or less the same company today, except you have to mail order them and they're about twice the price they used to be. The founder went on to start the SmartCar company. The principle is the same: you make reasonably prices goods, short runs so everyone can have a unique color and style version of the item.

-g