Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Strange colorless lines in my images

I have noticed white-ish lines through my images sometimes and I do not know what causes it. It is taking a lot of my time trying to fix it and nothing is working.

In the past I just brought the finished PNG into PSPXI and cloned over the areas but I need a finished image for Naveed that is postwork free. That means that I have to finally figure out why it does this.

Has anyone had an experience with this happening? Seems to happen when I use bitmaps or plugins, not sure which....perhaps both at the same time?

Hope we can see the lines I've circled in this smaller image.

I can post the xar file if needed but I prefer not to if I don't have to. Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	toad_head_9_fix.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	84185  
    Things you should never say when pulled over by the police:
    Could you hold my beer while I dig out my license?

Default Re: Strange colorless lines in my images

Nancy which version are you using?

I recall a bug that caused lines like those you have shown in one of the older versions. If you export to Truecolor .png or Truecolor +Alpha .png the lines should go away.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hi Bill, I am using XX5Pro. I've got version 7 coming but not here yet.

I found a much easier example and xar file. It is a hair texture that has only a few items in it and the problem is very bad in it.

I have a rectangle and two groups of gradients with gradient applied to them (stained glass).

I have removed the gradient from the groups and it still happens. I ungroup and it still happens. The only thing that removes the problem is removing the gradients from the area of the line issue.

I then moved the gradients from below that area up into the problem area but the problem is now gone. It makes no sense to me because they are all the same gradient.

I always export as Truecolor or Truecolor + Alpha PNG and that seems to make no difference here. I've attached the file if anyone wants to give it an investigative 'go'.

I'd love an answer because this is making it so hard to finish textures....alot more work than there should be.

Name:	hair_test_red.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	84198  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Nancy,
    Try to play with transparent, colours and feather region in the place where the problem is, i have exported your hiar clipped group to jpg, once before playing and changing the trans. type to mix (also without trans.) at the same time applyied another dark colour to simulate the staind glass Trans, and one after changing the transp. where the red rectangle is works fine now.(it was two shapes in this place)
    Attached is before and after export image.
    PS. Please set the View quality to maximum when you export the image (very high quality).
    Hope that help you.
    BP

Name:	hiar_prob_fix#.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	84200  
    Im in love with Xara X / BP
    Friends, I apologize for my broken English
    My TG Albums: http://www.talkgraphics.com/album.php?u=20432

thank you BP, appreciate you looking at it. So it seems that changing up the transparency and feathering makes a difference? I'm not sure where you made the change to 'mix' and added the darker color to simulate 'stained glass'. It is not obvious at all, because you are a master with XX. I'll play around with it and see if I can get it to disappear. Thank you so much!

edit: I always forget to move the view quality to high
    Last edited by Burpee; 20 September 2011 at 08:20 PM.

Try exporting as a PhotoShop (PSD) format. Then import it back into XDP or into an image editor to check it.

Take care, Mike

You are welcome Nancy and thanks so much too, i have attached your .xar file again with the change i made so you can see where, and made a clone of the clipped group, removed the clipView, ungrouped it to see that, you can try to export the original clipped group to see if the export clean or not. You can export it as jpg or png.
    BP
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Im in love with Xara X / BP
    Friends, I apologize for my broken English
    My TG Albums: http://www.talkgraphics.com/album.php?u=20432

Here is the PSD file, imported into XDP, exported as a JPG. Exporting as a PSD--without fiddling around with changing the OP file (and those I have done)--is the only way I have been able to successfully get Clip'd images with various transparencies out of XDP.

Take care, Mike

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	84207  

Thank you both. I am so grateful for your efforts. I haven't had a chance to try reworking it yet until now. Will try both ways and I want to know how BP manipulated the image to get nearly the same results. Thank you for the xar BP and the PSD tip mwenz!!

Just to update, the export as a PSD works perfectly....no lines. Also, love BP's solution. It will come in handy during the creation process so I hopefully won't have the problem to begin with. Thanks both