Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Error code -6 when trying to run Xara Designer Pro 7

Hi,

When I try to run Xara Designer Pro 7 I get a window popup that tell me "The program could not be started. It's possible that the installation folder is damaged." with the error code: -6

No matter what I try I get that error. I tried with a new doawnloaded file, with the file from the CD, after to have removed files on the Intel SSD or hard drives, and keys in the registry (but maybe i missed some!). I also tried with or without system protections/firewall/antivirus as well with or without administrator rights.

My system is Windows 7 64 bits with Xara designer pro 7.1.1.

Do you have any suggestions to help me to solve that problem?

Thank you very much

Default Re: Error code -6 when trying to run Xara Designer Pro 7

Arg! That sounds terrible.

Did you do a complete uninstall first? It sounds like you did but I am verifying.

And this may seem obvious but since it is about the only thing I know how to recommend, have you tried right clicking on the program icon and selecting Run as Administrator? This can often cure a multitude of problems.

Default Re: Error code -6 when trying to run Xara Designer Pro 7

Yes, I did a complete uninstall several times, I also tried to run with Administrator rights and without firewall & antivirus.

I did a search days ago and I found another topic in that forum, but it was for xara designer 6 that was working for me and I'm not aware of any RAM problem with my computer.