Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default PNG and JPG export sizing

No matter which options I choose, all of my exports into PNG and JPG formats (in Photo & Graphic Designer 7) come out small - about 1/4 the size of what I think they should be. What do I need to do to export them at their original size? Thanks!

Default Re: PNG and JPG export sizing

Make sure you export at 96dpi (Bitmap size tab in the export dialogue) :-)
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Welcome to TalkGraphics cwames

Windows monitors display resolution is 96dpi. So exporting at 96dpi (which is the default) will export your image at 1:1.

That said, also make sure you are exporting you image with the Zoom set to 100%

My guess is that you are viewing your image at a magnified size, maybe 200% and so when you export it looks smaller.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zoom-factor.png 
Views:	76 
Size:	11.4 KB 
ID:	84138  

I've tried exporting at 96 DPI, as well as other sizes. In each case, the printed image was about 1/4 as large as the *page* size, when it should have nearly filled the page. I've also played around with changing the zoom, even though I'd think that just changes the size on the screen, and that didn't make any difference.

So, there must be another setting someplace which affects the export size, it would seem.

Are creating images for printing or for the web. The info that John and I gave you is for creating images for the web.

But even so, if you are printing from your desk top printer, an image that is 5" across on a standard size page, 8.5 x 11" US, should print 5" across.

Correct, the zoom factor just makes the image larger or smaller on the screen.