Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default WebDesigner compatible problem?

I exported my works from webdesigner6. Opened my dreamweaver and clicked the index html file which created with webdesigner. Dreamweaver opened my works but some pictures and text moved from the originally place where i made with xara.

So xara webdesigner not 100% compatible with dreamweaver?

Default Re: WebDesigner compatible problem?

Opening fixed-position HTML pages inside an application such as DW will often have such results, usually small differences but sometimes less than small issues. But the question would be more, why reopen them in DW? For what purpose?

Mike

Yeah ... So.. My friend doesn't have WD and i made it 4 him. Later he want modify this work, and he only has Dreamweaver.. Any tips for this problem?

Yes, don't try it. Really, mixing fixed-positioning and fluid CSS layout is an invitation to disaster.

With the cost of WD7, it doesn't make too much sense to fudge around in DW with a site made in WD6. Just my opinion, of course. the only other viable option is to recreate the site in DW.

Take care, Mike

Dreamweaver offers tools that will help you organize and manage all your HTML pages, images, links, color schemes, templates, Flash, and multimedia elements.
    It has auto-complete features for CSS, HTML, PHP, JavaScript, as well as many others. It even includes popular script libraries like Prototype, lightbox and Scriptalicious.

[Link removed by moderator - Please read the FAQs re: new members]
    Last edited by gwpriester; 20 September 2011 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fredd66 View Post
    Yeah ... So.. My friend doesn't have WD and i made it 4 him. Later he want modify this work, and he only has Dreamweaver.. Any tips for this problem?
    Xara generated HTML can be fiddly to edit and DW doesn't always get it's WYSIWYG layout right in the editor. It's not a good workflow and it has nothing to do with compatibility with DW.

DW edits HTML. The browsers get it right, the DW editor in design mode doesn't do so well. It shows how spoilt you are in Xara.