Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Which membership software runs best for xara web designer? amember?

Very unfamiler with membership site software but need to build one.

Can an expert here recommend which is good and hopefully also like xara web designer, easy to use.

The purpose i need also for keeping good track of downline below signing up which plan.

Lastly must amember really need to work with joomla? someone saying about xara already got a 'manager' software taken care of this??
    Last edited by ginngoh; 14 May 2009 at 04:06 PM. Reason: add infor

Default Re: Which membership software runs best for xara web designer? amember?

I think there are some cross wires here.

Membership functionality (I.E. storing username and passwords) are usually done server side, that is to say they are developed in a language the sever understands that is not HTML. There are two parts to this 1) the scripting language like PHP or ASP and 2) the database that stores this infomation. A CMS like Joomla has this already 'built in'.

Xara web designer could design the visuals to 'lay over' the website, but would not be suitable for anything else.

There are password 'software' available from company's like Coffee Cup, but as they use Flash as their 'engine', most developers would say this would be very bad 'mojo'.

You could try developing a template for Joomla Via Xara Web Designer, but it would be tricky, as its a more low level process then just designing a webpage. (I have done this myself and had to end up editing HTML, CSS and PHP to get the changes I want)

The best use for Xara Web design is really producing nice looking 'static' web pages with the minimum of fuss. (I know Im going to get lots of replies saying you can build dynamic sites, but its not the natural use for said product.)

Default Re: Which membership software runs best for xara web designer? amember?

Quote Originally Posted by ginngoh View Post
    someone saying about xara already got a 'manager' software taken care of this??
    Hi ginngoh,

yes, Xara has her own software solution for this. A quote from the Xara Online website:

"The Xara Membership Manager is a simple to use, cost effective way for associations, clubs, businesses and individuals to manage a database of members, subscribers, customers or suppliers online"

More info in this pdf and on the Xara Online website.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xaraonline.JPG 
Views:	265 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	60937  
    Regards, Albert G. Kubbenga

Arrow Updating this old thread. . . . .

I thought that I would update this thread two years to the present date of June - 2011.
    If Xara Membership Manager exists then the link posted in this thread no longer links to it.

As far as the aMember script . . . can it be integrated with the newer versions of Xara?

According to the aMember site, the only requirement is that all, "membership areas," be placed into a separate folder, and that, "separate folder," issue has already been covered in another thread here.

My goal is to create a paid membership area.

Thanks for your reply.

Default Re: Updating this old thread. . . . .

Hi,

I'm searching around to see who now has the best membership software (paid as well) & I cane across this thread.

What I'm confused about is why are you asking if Amember can be integrated with Xara if you don't use it? You said the link is dead.

It must be software this forum is selling based on the question asked in the registration procedure.

Michelle