Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Is it just me?

Anyone else experiencing much slower load times on TalkGraphics? I can get the topics list fast enough , but all of the individual threads are taking forever to load, and I have a cable modem.

This has been happening at all times of the day and night, too, for the last few weeks or so.

http://www.eyesitewebdesign.com/dale.gif

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

Anyone else experiencing much slower load times on TalkGraphics? I can get the topics list fast enough , but all of the individual threads are taking forever to load, and I have a cable modem.

This has been happening at all times of the day and night, too, for the last few weeks or so.

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

fruster-ating [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Humm.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

AT&T just replaced the cable "node" for the apartment building I live in, and I hoped that that would speed things up, but it didn't.

One of the frustrating things about having high-speed internet, is that many websites are not hosted on high-speed servers with T1 lines, so it slows the whole process down to a crawl.

I love my cable modem, but I wish everyone else would get with the program! (Fully realizing, of course, that it won't happen.) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

- Lewis Carroll

I think it comes and goes. In general it's fast enough for me, but yes, sometimes I notice some delays too, but nothing really shocking however.

The only thing I can surmise about this is that there must be a great increase of traffic on TalkGraphics.

You know with all that great exposure Xara has gotten in the polls around on the different sites, must be getting lots of lurkers and joiners [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Well, maybe TalkGraphics can allocate some more room or something to speed things up for us??

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---