Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Control Bars

Default Control Bars

When i open the control bars dialog the options for changing icon size are always greyed out. Sometimes the menu item for control bars is also greyed out had to close Xara just to access it again. When i look in help there is really nothing explaining how to control icon size other than at one point it says you can. The actual image it shows in the help files also have all the options for icon size greyed out.

Im just really starting to use 7 so i aplogize if this has been answered before. I did a search couldn't find anything in the forum.

Default Re: Control Bars

If you are using the Dark Gray interface (the default since version 5) the icon size options are disabled because there are no other size icons to be used.

You can switch to the original interface using Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S which will also reset the control bars to the default setup so use this option with care.

Unlike the Dark Gray interface your custom Windows color scheme will be used with the original interface and the icon size options will be enabled.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	orig-UI.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	78.7 KB 
ID:	84050  
    Last edited by Soquili; 10 September 2011 at 08:15 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Default Re: Control Bars

Thanks, I see what you are saying, I just hate the way the current main bars at the top don't seem to fit well as in the image you posted, for the same reason on mine, it seems there is a lot of wasted space with the current control bars and there really is no good way to lay them out to fix the problem.