Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Building a paid membership website with Xara

Has anyone built a paid membership website that includes multi-level paid memberships with restricted content based on membership level? I assume I would need both a shopping cart plug in and a membership plug in, but that may be a faulty assumption. Any recommendations?

Default Re: Building a paid membership website with Xara

Welcome to TalkGraphics

You could probably do it with password protected sections or sub sites.

There are many solutions that you can explore to password protect the pages or sub sites. I have used Coffee Cup Software's Website Access Manager and it works fine for things like this. You publish your site then use Website Access Manager to password protect as needed.

It is really going to depend on what you are really designing and its requirements. It really doesn't sound like Coffee Cup will be extensive enough. Depending on the levels of access required, the number of levels, etc, I would likely choose Joomla.

take care, Mike

coffee cup allows you 2 allow access to all the site or just subfolders u can decide who gets what access and for even for how long e.g 12 months paid membership have nothing to lose try it for free for 30 days. It works just fine for me for this but requires a bit of leg work as it is not automatic like some sign up, pay and get access straight away. once payment has been made (i use paypal) i just send an email with their specific logins but this 24hourturnaround process is set in the T+C's

Scruffy