Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Unable to create PDF for print production

I don't know if anyone has any ideas how I can get round this problem.

I am trying to export some artwork as a PDF so I can get it printed, but every time I try to export it I get the attached message.

I have tried various times always after a reboot but with no luck.

The file is only just under 7mb in size so I can't figure out why it is doing it.

It is important that I export with layers as I have a cutter guide included so the printer can see where he needs to position the print on the sheet and it is printed on both sides.

Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

I am using XDP6

Many Thanks

Dahzee
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PDF Error.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	8.6 KB 
ID:	83917  

Default Re: Unable to create PDF for print production

Don't know about the error message. But for layers, choose the Adobe Reader 8 (PDF 1.7) profile and on the layers tab, make sure Enable Reader Layers is selected.

Take care, Mike

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I can't explain the why, but I had that error show up once, I made sure my work was saved, shut down the document window, then shut down Xara, re opened Xara, and used file open to reopen my document and it exported just fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

If what Frances suggestion doesn't help the only thing that I can suggest is to un-install XDP6 and then re-install. The other way around the problem if you have been able to produce PDF's before is to use a PDF printer driver to make your PDF, like Cute PDF and get that to produce your PDF: http://www.cutepdf.com/products/cutepdf/writer.asp

One other area to look at is stray artifacts on your page which could stop the export filter from working. Let folk here have a look best way is to post your file.
    If you have never exported a PDF before from the programme and you un-install please right click the Xara exex. file and install as Administrator.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Solved!!

I don't know what the exact cause was but there was something on the second page that was causing the problem.

I turned the offending bits of artwork into a bitmap and it worked perfectly first time.

Thanks to everyone who posted suggestions.

Many Thanks,

Dahzee