Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Cool Children's site - need feedback

First and foremost thank you Xara team for one of the greatest programs ever made! (DP7 to be specific)

We are in the process of launching a children's site designed with the Ipad as a focal point. We really need some feedback to let us know what works and what doesn't, especially from kids. If anyone would be so generous to check us out (especially with their children) and provide any feedback at all it would really make our day. If you have an Ipad even better!

From our research we are one of very few sites that are for kids and DON'T use flash for everything.

The site is www.fooflenoffer.com

The entire site was done using DP7 (besides the vimeo animations).

Thank you oh so much for even considering it.

Default Re: Children's site - need feedback

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I love the site. It is right at my level.

I would like to see more button interaction but other than that, it is fun, and it should entertain and educate the young (never a bad thing in this day and age).

Nice looking site - I think the buttons would benefit from a subtle mouse-over.

Looks beautiful. And I would agree with Gary and gpholman, some mouseover effect with the buttons would be useful. Also, bring them up on the page a little bit (maybe 1/4 inch or 1/2 cm or so), so they're not sitting on the bottom of the window.

-- Ben
    -----------------------
    Ben Morgan: ad1066 AT gmail thingy
    Chapter 13 Press: www.chapter13press.com
    Burn After Reading: www.burnafterreadingpress.com

I'm an old school flash developer and wish we could do mouse-overs but on the iPad the mouse-over function is considered the first click which triggers only the mouse-over. The second click is the mouse actually clicking. This drives me crazy as a developer because you have to choose fun over function. Since the design goals are simple and easy for children we are forced to not use the mouse-overs. Someday soon we will develop 2 separate sites that detect whether its a desktop or a tablet and be able to cater to both.
    Thank you so much for the feedback, and ad1066 I'm sliding the buttons up right now

Looks like a fun site to me. I can see that kids would love it.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Neat site! I'll see if I can find some kids to play with it.