Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default My first Flash question

It's not as if I haven't got things to do but Paul has got me wondering about flash animation.

So:-
    I've created the first frame - it's a blue star.
    I've then copied the frame and changed the colour of the star to red.
    Set both frame times to 2sec.
    'Loop continuously' is set for both frames.

Now when I preview the flash animation, the blue star fades into the red one, BUT, then the red star does not fade into the blue one. It just jumps to the blue one.

How can you make the blue star fade into the red and then for the red star fade into the blue.

The only way I could do this was to create a third frame with the blue star and set the frame timing to 0.01sec for the third frame.
    Surely this can't be the way?!

In the attached file, if frame 3 wasn't there, then the animation would not flow from blue to red to blue to red etc...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Default Re: My first Flash question

Re: "Surely this can't be the way?!"

That's the way that I would have done it, though would have had the last frame as zero seconds.

I have done many Flash animations where the first frame and the last frame are the same except the last frame has zero duration.

I think this IS the way. (Otherwise, when the animation completes, then it jumps to the state of the first frame, no morph/tween. Having the last frame same as first, but with zero duration ensures morphing/tweening without changing anything else...)

Peace

James

Quote Originally Posted by ODdOnLifeItself View Post
    I think this IS the way. Peace

James
    Thanks for that James.

Well, that gives me hope.
    I had a problem and I am quite pleased that my solution was not too bad!

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Good deal...

Yeah, copying the first frame and setting its duration to zero takes all of 5 secs. Not too bad at all.

Peace

James

Rik, you animating wizard you, you got it right. And you figured it out all by yourself. James is right about the last frame, it needs to be set to zero. If you add any value to it at all, it will put a pause in the animation before looping back to frame one.

Now that you have that under your belt, go to frame two and move the star to the right. You choose the distance. Now play the animation and see what it does.

After you're done with that, make a new star on frame one and name it, "rotate-#name" (without the quotation marks) make a copy of the star and paste in place on frame two and three. Change color of the star on frame two. If you're feeling daring, move the star on frame two to any other part of the stage. Now play the animation and see what you get.

It's really cool learning animation. In no time at all, you will be doing advanced projects. Don't be intimidated by the program and just have fun.

Paul