Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Flash rollover dilemna - possible?

Hi folks --

Having an issue creating mouseovers/rollovers in WD7 Premium. I created a really quick Flash sample below to illustrate what I'm saying (this is not my actual file I'm working on, just only to illustrate).

After the two "Enter" boxes have slid in from the side, mousing over either should "rock" them. But HOW -- or is it possible -- to return to the previous state (where both boxes are level) in a "mouse-off" state.

At the end of each mouseover animation, I've just left that frame with a ";stop" command, I know this isn't right, but I've tried a ;goto Frame x (where both boxes are level) but that then keeps repeating the animation, which isn't correct.

My apologies if this is hard to understand, I'm not the best at wording. In other words, I'm simply trying for a regular classic mouseover animation!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Flash rollover dilemna - possible?

bump bump bump

Nobody knows? Maybe I'm missing something really simple (though I've done about all I could think of), I'm continuing to play with it, if I find out something in the meantime I'll try to post it.

I don't use xara to create Flash animations. In Flash you would probably be wanting to use "gotoAndStop". Not sure if that exists in the xara world.

Thank you, I'll give that a try. I used Stop and Goto separate, but not together. Hmm...... I will give it a go and continue to play with it.

(Xara may or may not be the best Flash creator, but then I don't have anything to compare to cause it's really the only one I've used! And I haven't had too many problems with it, for basic animations )

You can create a rollover state, but I will warn you that it will take some work. It will take approximately 4 frames per rollover or button to create the effect. In the animation below, I used the stop command on the first frame. I created a link on the body to tell it to go to the next frame down upon rollover. That started the animation raising the arm and holding for one second. It then drops down two frames where it hits a copy of the first frame. I put one more frame underneath was the goto command that loops back up to the frame above. This loop holes it in the off state until you mouse over again. I have attached a working file so that you can see how it's done. If you wouldn't mind,When you're done, I would like to see your rollovers.

Paul

roleover.swf

roleover.xar

Sorry for the later reply, my forum 'subscriptions' are not notifying me of new replies for some reason?

Thanks for the example, that does help. However, that's pretty well the same as I have, that's what I was wondering, if possible to NOT repeat the animation (i.e. rollover the object, play the animation, then stop). It works with a ;stop command at the last frame (or a goto command to the previous frame), but then it stays there and can't be replayed.

If I get it, I'll try to remember to link.
    Thanks!