Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xara turns 30!

Default Xara turns 30!

A little bird told me (okay, it was a Nova Fisher email) that Xara is 30 years old today.

Barbara and I wish Xara the Happiest of XXXth Anniverxaries, with lots of presents (such as new paying users), and continued success well into the 25th Century.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Happy-XXXth.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	83700

My Best,

Gary

Default Re: Xara turns 30!

Yes, congratulations!

They came up with the coolest software EVER in their first 30 years; so, no telling what they'll come up with during the next 30...

Continued success!

James

Congratulations Xara and all its employees!!
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

OG must have received the same PR release from Nova that I did.

There was a lot of interesting information. For those who are not on the PR mailing list:

Xara was formed in 1981 as Computer Concepts, making it one of the world’s oldest continuously trading software companies. Its first highly successful software, the word-processor Wordwise, secured its place as the major software developer for the Acorn BBC micro, one of the first micro computers in the world. Since then Xara has developed a wide range of products covering the whole realm of publishing and graphics software, constantly building on its reputation for speed, quality and reliability, currently supporting products used by more than 2 ˝ million customers worldwide.

“I have been a loyal user since 1996, and Xara keeps getting better and better. The programs offer a solid set of tools for vector and bitmap editing and I typically use them for DTP, web design and compositing. Xara unseated Corel as my primary “go to” package for that type of work.” Says Tony Thomas, Publisher and Editor-in-Chief, Tony Thomas' TechTrends.

Xara has a particularly strong technology and innovation history. It pioneered many of the graphics technologies and techniques now standard in the industry today such as anti-aliased vector graphics, vector transparency, object feathering, etc. Many of its user interface techniques have been adopted by the industry.

With over 100 software titles, many of them internationally successful, Xara is truly a formidable software company.

Charles Moir, Founder and MD of Xara Group Ltd said, "When I started this business, leading edge computers had 16Kbytes of memory - and that was enough for me to create a fully functional word processor which was one of the company's most successful early products.

At the time it was impossible to imagine desktop computers with 10,000 times more RAM, and storage and processors running 1000 times faster. The fact that the phone in your pocket can now have all this shows what an incredible ride the last 30 years has been.

Xara as a software developer has survived those 30 years making us one of the very few companies still in existence from those early days. The values that made our products stand-out then are exactly the same as now - the best value, the best performance, and the easiest to use software you can buy."

Happy birthday Xara!

It's great to know there are still developers like you, with great effort towards simplicity and a streamlined interface.

I definitively like the non-bloat software attitude.

Looking forward for another 30 years of awesome code.

Regards,

Marc

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Congratulations to All at Xara! I wish you all a happy anniversary and like others I look forward to another 30 years of amazing software!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

This is truly awesome!!! Congratulations to the most functional software 'Suite' in the world and many other great titles.

GP, I used to use a BBC Micro Computer....it came out at a time when there was still a ton of inovation out there in computer land and there were many brands/makes of micros.....BBC endured for quite a while and was an awesome machine for it's day. I don't believe I got to use the WP from MC though but I'm sure it was great.

Happy Birthday to Xara!!!
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

I'm sure we will all agree that Xara is a 'Pearl' in the industry.

Congratulations indeed.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Xara, Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuuuuuu.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

To Xara, the one and only — Hip Hip Hooray!!

And thanks for the text of the press release. Gary. Gives us even more to applaud.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	30yrs+counting.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	83708