Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Cool Clock Working

For everyone that enjoyed the cool clock image that I posted in an earlier thread, Here is a working version of it. I felt it was worth the effort to figure out how to make this wonderful timepiece work, so here it is. It will be interesting to see if the clock will adjust to the different time zones.

Enjoy,

Paul

Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Cool Clock Working

Fantastic, Paul ! And, yes, it does give the right time(zone) here in Belgium ! Congratulations !
    Guy -

I love these tools

Very nice looking clock and it runs silently as well (unlike some of the clocks that we have here on the wall)!

A great timepiece, Paul, and in Spanish time, too.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Now that is a very cool piece of work, Paul.

Paul,
    It works perfect in Uruguayan time zone -3
    How did you get this to work?.
    Best regards
    Javier

Bang on for Mountain Daylight Time.

What Flash command did you use to get the seconds hand to rotate around the center? I know it is possible but share with us. Please.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Very nice! and keeping perfect Pacific Daylight Time. I too would love to know how you did it. Please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Wow! What a terrific response. Is so cool to see the clock actually working on this thread and that it works in all the different time zones. Really cool! Thank you everyone for your comments and your interest in this project. The action script that I use actually came from a tutorial that I found on an old flash forum. Here is the link to the tutorial that I used: http://www.kirupa.com/developer/actionscript/clock.htm I had to use an old Macromedia flash program to embed the code and create the SWf file. I could not figure out how to input the code using the Xara flash environment. If anyone can figure that out, please share it with the rest of us. It is relatively simple to put together. Just give an instant name to each of the hands on the clock and input the action script and it works. There is not a lot of information on how to use action script with Xara, so is there some tweakers out there, this would be really cool to be able to implement through Xara.

Thanks again for everyone's support,

Paul

That is one cool clock Paul, Works in Central Daylight Time too. Thank you for that. Now if I could just get it as part of my desktop that would be the ultimate.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.