Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Pressure profiles can be divided between several lines.

1. draw a line with the "decay" pressure profile; 2. apply a brush to this line (better if the pressure sensitivity setting of the brush is at the maximum) ;

3. draw several lines, select them all and join them (arrange/join shapes);

4. copy the line of step 2 and paste attributes to your joined lines, you see that now the pressure profile is distributed between all the lines from the beginning of the first one (a) up to the end of the last one (b);

5. overlay and play for example with shifts and shadows.

TIP : If you select and move their points with the Shape Editor, you can move one or several lines out of the printing space and then you will be able to use only the selected part of the pressure profile applied to the line remaining on your page, and it is even possible to make shift this part of the profile if you stretch the lines in the non printable area.

Enjoy
    ivan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	progress.png 
Views:	765 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	4285  

Pressure profiles can be divided between several lines.

1. draw a line with the "decay" pressure profile; 2. apply a brush to this line (better if the pressure sensitivity setting of the brush is at the maximum) ;

3. draw several lines, select them all and join them (arrange/join shapes);

4. copy the line of step 2 and paste attributes to your joined lines, you see that now the pressure profile is distributed between all the lines from the beginning of the first one (a) up to the end of the last one (b);

5. overlay and play for example with shifts and shadows.

TIP : If you select and move their points with the Shape Editor, you can move one or several lines out of the printing space and then you will be able to use only the selected part of the pressure profile applied to the line remaining on your page, and it is even possible to make shift this part of the profile if you stretch the lines in the non printable area.

Enjoy
    ivan

... brushes seem to work just fine for you, Ivan! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] VERY cool looking stuff!

Risto

risto@ristoklint.com

Visit my web site!

Thanks Risto,

Yes, I can say most of the brushes work fine here. I have sometimes problems too with them (particularly with bitmap ones which may cause access violation exceptions in some cases) but most of them are very workable and give quick results which cannot be reached with any other tool.
    Because of the issues with bitmap brushes I have chosen now to focalize on vector ones.
    But I think that should be contructive to continue the record of specific bugs in that domain.

Nevertheless, brushes are also fascinating like fractals because of the unexpected results you can obtain with tiny changes in their settings.

Kindly,
    ivan