Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: PDF filter

Default PDF filter

I am running Xara 6 and just upgraded to windows 7. When I had
    XP I could export to pdf format without a problem. Now in 7 the option is not even there I have feen working on trying to export a file to pdf for the last hour or so and read everything I could find and still am having no luck. Could one of you guru's chime in and tell me where to find the right filter and how to do it.
    Thanks.
    Carl
    Carl

Default Re: PDF filter

Hi Carl try running the program as Administrator. Changes to Windows security features have made some issues during installation even when logged in as an Administrator.

Close your Xara application. Right Click the desktop icon for the program and select Run as administrator from the popup menu. You will only need to do this one time. The .dll files will be properly registered in the registry so the import and export features should all become available when you run the program.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Hi Carl try running the program as Administrator. Changes to Windows security features have made some issues during installation even when logged in as an Administrator.

Close your Xara application. Right Click the desktop icon for the program and select Run as administrator from the popup menu. You will only need to do this one time. The .dll files will be properly registered in the registry so the import and export features should all become available when you run the program.
    YOU ARE THE MAN. Thanks so much, I was about to pull out some hair. It is working fine now. It's all in just knowing what to do.
    Thanks again.
    Carl

Glad I could help.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update