Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Tabbed content panels

Hello

Has anyone created tabbed content panels with WD. I want to possibly created tabbed content panels for a page and was wondering the best way to go about this with WD7. For example, 5 wide content tabs whereby when you click on one the content shows, click on another and the content shows etc. Just looking for some pointers/suggestions
    really.

Thanks

Andrew

Default Re: Tabbed content panels

I would like to do something like this without messing around with too much HTML as well. My fall back plan is to just create separate pages for each and mimic a tabbed table.

I thought about doing it with layers but this too would be a fair amount of work for the different tabbed stated etc.

Andrew

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Doing this with layers is pretty straight forward, and no HTML needed at all. I have attached a quick example file for you to have a look at and take apart.

I used popup layers so everything is on one page. I have an extra panel on the mouse off layer so the first panel will always show on page load.

I hope that this is helpful.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Thanks Angelize, works really well.

Andrew

You can use one of the included Navbars for this.

Use the Omega Horizontal Navbar (for example)
    Enable the Rulers (Ctrl+L) then drag the rule intersection to a position above the top of the page to give a top margin a little greater than the height of the navbar.

In Web Properties>WebSite UNcheck ‘Clip to page edges’ and align the navbar to the top of the page so the the bottom edge of the navbar ‘just touches the page edge.

Duplicate pages. Edit tab labels.

Use the colour editor to change the tab mouseoff and mouseover colours
    if necessary.

File attached
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

@ Shapeshifter: that's another very interesting method

@ Andrew: I'm glad you found it helpful, and it turns out I have a use for this myself so I should thank you for the idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Thanks a lot to the both of you, really helped me visualise what I was trying to do.

Thanks again,

Andrew