Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Links STILL not working???

I've just updated my Web Designer 7 to version 7.0.4 hoping that finally the hit and miss method of applying a link to a line of text would be fixed but alas it's still broken.

Just created a new website and one of the pages will not allow a link to be added. I can create a link on any other page but not this page. There is nothing perculiar about this page. I have even tried to copy a working link from another page to this page but as soon as I do the link stops working.

Has anyone else found a workaround to this problem.

Any help would be appreciated,

Cheers,

Peter.

Default Re: Links STILL not working???

Hello Peter

Is the text grouped with anything?

Please provide more details or a screen shot of what area of your text you are trying to apply your link.

Hi Gary,

You can look at the page online. the site is up and the address is www.foxglovestudios.co.za

The links that would not work were on the "contact" page. I had to create a new layer and put the links on that layer. They then worked.

I'm still convinced that this is a bug though. It really should work on the existing layer.

Cheers,

Peter.

No-one else is reporting this problem so I doubt it's a program bug, but to see what you are seeing we'd need your .web file to check. Please attach it to your next post thanks

This can sometimes happen if you have something like a rectangle with no fill over the text.

Try bringing the text to the front on the base layer and see if you still have the problem.

Nice website, by the way.

Thanks, Gary.

I have already tried to bring the text to the front but it still won't work.

Shapeshifter, if you go into the forum history, you will see that quite a few people have complained about this problem.

I'm still convinced it's a bug.

Cheers,

Peter.

Please attach your file so we can check it for you. Thanks