Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Change Size Of Feather Region Bug????

Hi brand new to Xara Designer 7 only been using it since yesturday on a trial but will be purchasing!

Quick question with regard to the 'Change Size Of Feather Region' input box top right on tool bar accross the top. My units are in cm's and when i use the slider i found a nice setting of 0.22cm NOW when i come and select some more artwork and i quickly want to change the feather region to 0.22cm if i type in 0.22 into the box it gives me 0.06mm yet if i type 0.22cm it works. How do i adjust the default units for this box? or how do i get it so for the last units i was using then this is what it will input when i type into the box?

Many thanks for looking and congradulations on what i think is the best Vector software package.

Andrew

Default Re: Change Size Of Feather Region Bug????

Quote Originally Posted by ourkid123uk View Post
    i type in 0.22 into the box it gives me 0.06mm yet if i type 0.22cm it works.
    If you don't define the unit when you manually enter a figure, xara will assume the lowest end fraction of the unit type your page is set, cm would naturally be mm.
    You can see that when the page units are set as cm, the feathering slider will start at mm fractions at the low end.

The manual input will take any unit no matter what your page units are set to.
    For example, when your page unit is set to CM, you may type 8.3px and get the same feathering as 0.22cm.

Thanks for the swift reply Shapeshifter (great name).

Im trying to work with Designer Pro 7 to create my artwork and 'Adobe Flash' to use actionscript and code my Artwork in there. Is this achievable do you know?

Thanks again.

I don't see why not.

Welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of Xara, Andrew! Glad to have you with us.

Allison

Hi Andrew havn't got Flash on this hard drive but in my experience try not to use feather if you are going into Flash. There are a few rules that you have to follow when importing into Flash so do a Google search of this site. Import your file into Flash and see what I mean as things like stroke and fill are treated differently so keep thing very simple pure vector. Come back if you need help.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Thanks alot for the tips!

I have tried importing and i must say im impressed as the transparency tool converts just fine!

I just think Designer Pro is better for producing artwork than Flash!

Cheers for taking the time Albacore