Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Out of memory

WD6 Out of memory

I realized a site using Web Designer 6, having 41 pages, 84 bitmap with 43Mb; 1410 objects and 448 Mb of memory used. I used Windows 7 in a 64 bit computer having 8 Gb Ram, that at the crash moment has still 4 Gb memory free.
    Why the program when i try to publish site stops at 32% of work and write the message "Out of memory" error 560 k.pu.op. ?

Default Re: Out of memory

Your computer may well be 64 bit but Xara is a 32bit programme and cannot use all your RAM. You will find a load of threads on TG where users have hit the same problem with large sites. I anticipate that some others will jup in with some detailed advice which will include splitting your site file into sections and/or optimising the images to help Xara conserve memory.

Welcome to TG!

Welcome to TalkGraphics scalia49se

Even though you resize your images, if they were high resolution to begin with, this can lead to very large file sizes and frequent our of memory errors.

From the Utilities menu, select Optimize all JPEGs. This reduces the resolution of your bitmaps to 96dpi the resolution at which the images will be published and will free up a lot of memory.

I see you use MAGIX Web Designer 7, which is the same as Xara Web Designer 7.

There's a useful tutorial written by the chap above me which shows you how to manage a split web site.
    http://www.xaraxone.com/webxealot/wo...kbook%201.html
    Last edited by covoxer; 18 August 2011 at 05:10 AM.

This is going to be very useful for me but I have a question..

As far as doing this, will google notice any difference for SEO? I can't see how it would..

Thanks,

Grant

No. Rich content and keywords relevant to that content is what google loves the most!

Tom

Thank you.

Grant

NEED HELP...Using WD Pro7. I went to do an up date on a page (a seperate page from the rest of the pages) http://helluvahunt.com/texas_whitetail.html
    Made changes and saved page. Program whited out and I had to close program. I opened WD Pro7 and I am getting an "out of memory" error and now
    cannot load this page. I checked the file and see helluvapages_WT is 16MB. Is there anyway I can fix this or do I have to redo this page?
    Thanks,
    Mike P
    Last edited by mikep; 23 November 2011 at 07:44 PM.