Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Cool help please - a simple question

hi everyone . I'm using Xara x1. and love it. have used it for years

I don't know how to create a transparent background behind a vector object.
    Did know once but i've forgotten. Urgent because in got a job to deliver .
    thank you
    Last edited by handrawn; 16 August 2011 at 07:55 PM.

Default Re: help please - a simple question

Unless you specifically put a background behind the vector object, it's automatically transparent. The real question is how are you exporting it?

If jpeg, there is no transparency option. The jpeg format doesn't support it. Same more or less goes for tiff (there may be a transparent tiff format, but Xara doesn't support it).

If gif, click the wineglass icon under the color swatches in the Export dialog.

If png, select True color + Alpha for color depth. Or, select 256 colors and click the wineglass.

Edit: You said X1. That may not offer True Color + Alpha. Sorry, I can't check because I don't have X1 on my system any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by amoore View Post
    Unless you specifically put a background behind the vector object, it's automatically transparent. The real question is how are you exporting it?

If jpeg, there is no transparency option. The jpeg format doesn't support it. Same more or less goes for tiff (there may be a transparent tiff format, but Xara doesn't support it).

If gif, click the wineglass icon under the color swatches in the Export dialog.

If png, select True color + Alpha for color depth. Or, select 256 colors and click the wineglass.

Edit: You said X1. That may not offer True Color + Alpha. Sorry, I can't check because I don't have X1 on my system any longer.
    For vectors > eg. (ai - cmx) no need for transparency setting. For bitmaps eg. (png) > export > in pallette options tab, colour depth drop down > True Color + Alpha is available.

Cheers - George

Thanks, George.