Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: site check

Hi,
    could I have feedback on my site..I am in the process of learning different programs way of accomplishing web layout. site Check
    Jim
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card
    IP

Hi Jim,

kinda plain for a graphic designers site. The coding could use a little tweaking but not a bad job.
    IP

Hi John,
    Thanks for the feedback. I am atually not a graphic designer, just a retired forestry worker passing time during the day.
    could you advise on the tweaking you said was needed? That way I will acquire more knowledge.
    Basically I am trying to learn SwishMax and how to incorporate XaraX into the site.
    Thanks again
    Jim
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card
    IP

Just a few minor ones...

Uppercase and lower case are two different beasties on everything except a windoze machine. Best to use all lowercase in you code. Many hours of hair pulling can thus be avoided. (Ask Mikey... he just learned the hard way.)

Use every bit of screen real estate you can get your hands on... Get rid of the built in borders in the browser... change your body tag to read like thus...

<body background="images/BACKGRND.jpg" marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 topmargin=0 leftmargin=0>

Instead of

<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" background="images/BACKGRND.jpg">

Change the background color to orange and the loading of the background fade will not be so obvious....

<body bgcolor=orange background="images/BACKGRND.jpg">

Make the flash full screen.... Egg would be the best to tell you how to do this for all browsers. Do not remember it off hand and it is too late for me to look it up.

Those are enough to start...
    IP