Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Rotate along curve is not active

Hi, I have a blend from a small rectangle with 5 steps, so in total 7 small ones.

Beside I have drawn a circle, and so selecting the blend, with shift click also the circle, I would like with Blend Tool apply the Rotate along curve function.

But somehow that is not active, only the Fit Blend to curve, but would need rather the rotate.

Could you please advise on what it depends whether the Rotate along curve button is active in Blend tool?

thanks,

Default Re: Rotate along curve is not active

Your profile shows 'Web Designer 7' ? As there is no blend tool in WD7 or WD7 Premium I assume you are using one of the Pro versions of Xtreme or Designer.
    Which one please?

"Rotate along curve" only becomes active once the blend has been fitted to the curve.

I would encourage you to experiment a bit more! Click the buttons and see what happens. You can't do any harm because you can undo everything.

Phil

Yes sorry I did not write, the version is Xara Designer Pro.

Phil anyway somehow was able to find it by your advise, clicking the buttons :-) Because if clicked to the not wanted Fit blend to curve, only after but also the Rotate along curve button became active

thanks,
    Zsolt

Yes, the Fit Blend to Curve must be selected first. Then you can Rotate Along Path.