Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy Trying to change paper size

I have a poster I need to print at 12"x22". I have changed the paper size to Custom 12"x22" in the Page Options dialog/Page size tab. When I go to the printer setup and select "Custom...", I presume a dialog is supposed to pop up, but none does. Then the Print options is always set to 8-1/2" x 11", and the page prints only a portion of my poster.

Default Re: Trying to change paper size

Hello eKatherine, and welcome to TalkGraphics.

I just checked the Printer Setup dialog on my computer, and there's no Custom option for paper size. I think that must be coming from your printer driver. Will your printer physically handle 12"x22" sheets?

I don't believe XDP has a function for tiling parts of an image across multiple sheets. The print driver I'm looking at does have that function, but it's in the print driver not XDP. If your print driver has something like that, you may be able to combine it with XDP's Print Options : Print Layout tab to get close to what you want.

Allison

My printer will print 13" wide paper (super A3). But the windowpane I wish to put the poster in is 12"x22", and Xara only seems to output standard paper sizes.

You could export to PDF, and print from Adobe Reader (or Foxit Reader, or whatever PDF viewer you might have installed). But I think Allison is right, the issue sounds like it's originating from the printer driver.

-- Ben
    -----------------------
    Ben Morgan: ad1066 AT gmail thingy
    Chapter 13 Press: www.chapter13press.com
    Burn After Reading: www.burnafterreadingpress.com

in xara go to file > printer options

if you have more than one printer on your system select the one you want to use from the drop down menu

next to the name [usually] there will be a button for [printer] properties and this should enable you to set the print size

as has been said, this is a function of the printer accessed through xara, separate from the page size in xara, and it will always be limited by what your printer can handle
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...