Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: confused on purchasing software

Yes I did and there is limited usability. Thought that was what the forums were for assistance.

The forums are for assistance.

If you have some specific questions that will help us to help you.

The trial versions are not limitied except for a time limit. All features are fully functional.

If you are accustomed to older types of web development you may encounter some difficulties getting your head around the way things work using Xara applications.

Think more vector graphics design than html editor. In fact there is no html editor inside a Xara application. Place your graphics (these can be imported bitmap images or vector drawings created within the Xara Application). Add text areas where you wish, no need for outdated H tags, use font size to create emphasis. You can use placeholders for snippets of code (script and/or html) where needed. Once you have a page looking the way you want simply export as website and all the html, css, etc. is created for you.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I appreciate your reply. I know what program I want for the web design. (It only showed one template and said that the templates were only available once you purchased the program).

Quote Originally Posted by accudata View Post
    Yes I did and there is limited usability.
    There is no limited functionality in the trials. The only differrence between the trials and product is in the supplied templates. The functionality is exactly the same. You didn't say that you'd downloaded the trial.

Thought that was what the forums were for assistance.
    They are, but you're asking generic whispy questions that really are already answered.

Many new users seem to be more interested in templates rather than creating their own designs.

In the 11 years I have been using Xara applications I have only looked at one or two of the many templates that have been in the various programs.

It is so easy to create something completely distinctive that using something created by someone else seems to be unthinkable.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

You don't need any web design template to create a website in Xara Web Designer. It's not a template driven application. They can help those who need them, but they are certainly not necessary or cripple the application in any fundamental way by not being there.

Hi Folks,

The reality of the templates in the trial is that the one they show and allow you to create with is enough to give you an idea how the templates work in the program. As has already been stated, this does in no way cripple the program's functionality and it is fully functional with only a 30 day time limit. You may see that there is only 7 days showing at first but there is a way to extend that to 30 days. Perhaps you haven't done that yet. I don't remember the way you do that but I think people often miss that step on the trial.
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

Accu, you can preview them in the sense of seeing demos, like Lou did for the community:
    http://host228.com/xara6/

Gary has put together a tutorial here:
    http://board.xara-users.info/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2596

Perhaps that can answer some question unasked of yet.

Take care, Mike

Apart from Lou's test page, you can see working demos of all the Web Design templates, Presentations, Eyecatcher Widgets, photo frames and clipart etc at the Xara home page here: http://www.xara.com/us/products/designer/templates/