Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default confused on purchasing software

I see the webdesigner pro 7 is $99 us and the xara photo pro and graphic designer is 89. To purchase them both together in xara designer pro 7 is $299. Is this the same product bundled together. Wish they had a sales Number to ask questions. Would like to make a purchase and dont want to get the wrong items.

Thanks

Default Re: confused on purchasing software

You question was answered in your post in the Web Design forum: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...duct-to-choose

A quick reference:

Xara Web Designer 7 : Entry level web design application.

Xara Web Designer 7 Premium : Includes features not in XWD7.

Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 7 : Entry level graphics design application with web design included.

Xara Designer Pro 7 : Professional Level graphic design application with web design included.

The web design applications are essentially the original graphic design software with some drawing, color model, and export features removed. There are web capabilites added but those are also present in the current graphics applications.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I think you've already had an answer about this in another thread. Go to the Xara site and there's a comparison chart. You'vealready been told that Xara Designer Pro 7 is not the same as Web Designer Pro 7 bundled with Xara Photo Pro.

Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 7 : Entry level graphics design application with web design included.

Xara Designer Pro 7 : Professional Level graphic design application with web design included.

The above two says with webdesign included? exactly what does that mean and is it the web designer pro 7

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	info.png 
Views:	125 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	83506

There is no program named Web Design Pro 7. The closest thing is Web Designer 7 Premium.

Xara Designer Pro 7 is the flagship application that has everything the other programs have plus professional features that none of the other have.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

While we're all repeating ourselves

Xara Designer Pro 7 is not a marriage of Web Designer 7 and Photo & Graphic Designer 7
    The later two are cut down versions of DP7.
    DP7 contains much more than the sum of those two apps.

DP7 isn't just an application for creating websites. It a professional vector illustration application with print industry PDF/x export, Pantone colour matching system, colour separations, Multi-core CPU support, XPS support greater customization via user configurable shortcut keys........ and more besides

The two other applications do not have all these features, even combined.

Actually, I thing I'd be more correct in saying the P&GD7 is a cut down version of DP6 because it does not include any of the newer version 7 web features.

if you told us what you actually want to do, it might help
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

web design and create items easily for websites like headers, graphics, etc. I do have photoshop elements 9 but would like something that has a shorter learning curve.

Just download a trial and see how you get on. Much better than twenty questions on the forum.