Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: How can I import an image at its REAL size?

Are you sure you haven't got any scaling set? Utilities/Options/Scaling.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi John,

It's a bug, I also use larger fonts and have this problem.

As a workaround you can drag the image in a new tab (right of the "+" sing) copy the image and paste it in the target file.
    It's the same as opening the file and copying it, I just assume you drag images.

Otherwise when I have a bunch of images to replace I use V7.1 which does not have this bug.

Marc

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Why don't you just set the size explicitly after importing it?
    Yes I did that. But it's a pain to have to do every single time you open an image.
    Strangely there seems to be a big that the images is imported at very NEARLY but not quite the exact number of pixels. So you have to go back to the original image and work out its pixel dimensions... again a pain when doing lots of images.

It's all relative anyway, but I select the imported photo, select the Photo Tool, and press the Scale Photo to 100% icon.

The real size of the photo is pixels and not resolution. So when you click Scale Photo to 100%, the resolution is set to 96dpi and the photo re-sizes to its actual pixel dimensions.

To be honest, it is all very confusing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scale photo.png 
Views:	246 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	94620  

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    It's all relative anyway, but I select the imported photo, select the Photo Tool, and press the Scale Photo to 100% icon.
    Confused - where is the "Photo Tool"?
    If I right-click the photo itself, the firs menu item is indeed called "Photo Tool" but if click it... er nothing much happens... Where is the "Scale Photo to 100% icon"?
    What am I missing?

What product (version) are you using? The Photo Tool is a few years old and if you have it, is located as shown in my attachment.

Quote Originally Posted by shiphen View Post
    When I import images (using Xara Designer Pro v7.1) I do I the images to arrive at their actual image size (in pixels)?
    Once you right-click the photo and choose 'Photo Tool', the info bar changes it's set of controls. It is there you will find the 100% icon as shown by Gary.

i am very grateful for this post

i export a long vertical image (202 x 3592px) as a jpg (43kb as opposed to 746kbas png)which i want to use in my website and whatever setting i use it imports it incorrectly, its very very frustrating because it resamples the image even though i tell it in every way possible not to do

finally found this post using google (not the tg search engine which is a dinosaur), thank you saved my bacon

Quote Originally Posted by MarcT View Post
    It's a bug, I also have this problem.

As a workaround you can drag the image in a new tab (right of the "+" sing) copy the image and paste it in the target file.
    It's the same as opening the file and copying it, I just assume you drag images.
    i have to import the image into my website not only in its correct size but also as a jpg because as a png it magnifies the weight of the page atsronomically

so instead of copying and pasting the image from one tab to another, i simply drag it to the website tab

in that way i keep both the dimansions and the file format

checking the final export xara has changed the name which is not what is shown in the bitmap gallery (annoying but i can live with it) but it has also crucially kept the jpg format and hasn't resampled it

very much looking forward to them fixing this bug
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.