Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Cannot export PSD with Xara DP7

I have been using Xara Designer Pro 7 for almost a month now and love it so far, but I cannot seem to export graphics in the PSD format. I never had this problem with Xara DP 6. When I go to export, I have tried it both ways, as "Selected Images" and "Entire Page" and all I get is a blank image.

I would really like the PSD export to work because I design web pages in Xara and then bring them into Photoshop Elements 9 or Photoshop CS5 or Fireworks CS5 to slice them up for html pages. This worked great in Xara Designer Pro 6.

I know this probably an issue for Xara support, but I figured I would ask here first because I might get a quicker response. Maybe I can doing something wrong? Do I need to do something with layers?

All best,

WebDude

Default Re: Cannot export PSD with Xara DP7

WD

I just exported a page of logos I am working on, on two layers to .psd format and they opened fine in Photoshop CS5, layers and all.

I used the Select Images option and everything came though just fine.

I would suggest that you check to make sure that you are on the base layer (Layer 1) before you export. And if you are using transparency, then make sure it is one of the types supported. I know that Mix is supported and I think that Stained Glass and Bleach are supported.

You might also try exporting to PDF which you can open in Photoshop.

You can slice an image in Designer. There are several ways. What I like to do is create rectangles for the sliced areas. Name the rectangles then set the transparency to none. Open the Names Gallery, select the slice and export in your choice of file formats.