Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Xara DP6 - Internal program error 2000.k.no.tl

Mike, that's amazing! The PDF is not the desired colors, but it does match my PDF image. My TIF file exported from Xara looks nothing like yours; it's washed out. Exported at 300dpi, LZW compression.

Edit: I just checked Properties/Details. Looks like you exported with PhotoLine. http://pl32.com/ I'm definitely willing to buy this program (under $100) if it will help solve my problem(s). Can you import a .xar file into it, or do you have to export the .xar file as another format and then import into PhotoLine?

If all I want to do is export image files for now, is there much of a learning curve, or is it basically Step 1, Step 2, Step 3?

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Advocate; 10 August 2011 at 11:48 PM.

ad1066, I did send a trial PDF to the printer this morning, and haven't heard back from him. I also sent a PSD that looked pretty good.

I'll agree, the AI doesn't seem to work well. But if you'll look at Mike's TIF image and compare it to mine, you'll see that we're getting very different results. I noticed in the Properties/Details, his image indicates Program PhotoLine 1690B5. Mine doesn't indicate any program at all.

I believe you'll find the tiff pretty spot on color wise.

I did bring it into PhotoLine and tried increasing the compression to get it under 1 meg (it's a 600 dpi tiff). But I just uploaded one straight from Xara. About 1.4 megs.

The printer shouldn't have an issue with the cmyk TIFF output from Xara.

Take care, Mike

OK. There is something about some of the rectangles that XDP cannot handle when output to PDF. Obviously this effect shows up as seriously changed color. It would take deconstructing the file to find which of the clipped graphics etc also cause the oddity. I do think the gradient should output properly, but even it doesn't seem to.

I recreated the gradient fill but as a blend. It outputs properly as regards look (I think) and color (I know). Most likely, there are means to build the whole file to create vector output to PDF that would maintain the color.

But in the end, even if the same/similar effects could be built and output properly as a PDF, it will not beat the TIFF output.

Take care, Mike
    Attached Files Attached Files