Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Xara DP6 - Internal program error 2000.k.no.tl

As an experiment, I decided to export my vector file to .ai format, because my printer company has so much trouble creating a good image from the PNG images I sent them. The good folks on this forum had no problem; in fact, their results were beautiful when they tested my PNG image in Illustrator. ( http://tinyurl.com/See-thread )

But, anyway, to the point: When I attempted to import the file back into Xara to see how it looked, it gave me the message Internal program error 2000.k.no.tl. The next message it gave me was that image contains fonts not recognized (paraphrasing), but the text is on a hidden layer. Then the next message was "spurious internal error has occurred." The file did not import. I've tried several times.

I've only been working on this project since February, and have spent hundreds of hours fine-tuning this custom playing card project. Frustrated? Yes. I was hoping that by exporting to .ai that the printer would have a file that was ready to just place into his template and maybe, just maybe, the image would render properly without the banding issue. However, if I can't look at the .ai file with the same program that exported it, how can I tell what I'd be sending? Is it necessary to use the Illustrator program to look at files that Xara exports as .ai?

I feel like Sisyphus must have felt. This project boulder just keeps rolling back downhill.

Attached is the original .xar file, but of course I can't attach the .ai file because it's 1888kb. If anyone can please export it to .ai and tell me if the image looks good (no staggered rectangles), I sure would appreciate it. Then I can export all my images as .ai and send to the printer. Also, I'll seriously consider buying Illustrator.

TIA.
    Attached Files Attached Files