Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Object Alignment Dialog: Pass Keystrokes To Host, Please!

Hi, folks,

First time listener, first time caller, here.
    ---

This is a little thing but it's also a little annoying:

When I've mis-aligned a group of objects my instinct is to hit Ctrl+Z and try again but the Object Alignment dialog doesn't appear to be passing keyboard commands back to Xara so I have to first click somewhere in the main window, undo and then re-select the Object Alignment dialog.

Not a huge deal but I've just started playing with Xara and thought I'd document quirks as I discover them, as part of my learning curve.

[OT]
    Since this is my first post I'll mention that I'm a frustrated Illustrator user and have been a latent Xara fan for years. I installed a demo or two here and there but only recently tried completing a (simple) project in it to get my feet wet. It's not Illustrator (thank goodness), and I don't expect it to be, but in the last few days I've started realizing that while Illy may well be a prime contender for heart failure there are areas in which it excels. I think everyone can learn from everyone else's successes as well as failures. Steal Illustrator's good features!

*ahem*
    [/OT]

fH
    Last edited by flowheimer; 10 August 2011 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Clarification