Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Which product to choose?

I am confused Xara designer pro 7 is $299 us. From what I am reading it includes 2 products that are listed on the website combined: Xara photo and graphic designer 7 ($89.00) and Xara designer premium 7 that sells for $99.00 on the site. If you total these two pieces up its $188. Why does the package of the both sell for $299? not making sense to me. Im a little leary about purchasing at all as I am discouraged everything looks/functions so easily on screen until you purchase and templates arent available until you pay. Are there any guarantees with the softwares....thanks.

Default Re: Which product to choose?

Your deductions are incorrect.

Xara Designer Pro 7 is not a marriage of Web Designer 7 and Photo & Graphic Designer 7
    The later two are cut down versions of DP7.
    DP7 contains much more than the sum of those two apps.

DP7 isn't just an application for creating websites. It a professional vector illustration application with print industry PDF/x export, Pantone colour matching system, colour separations, Multi-core CPU support, XPS support greater customization via user configurable shortcut keys........ and more besides

The two other applications do not have all these features, even combined.

that would be xara web designer premium 7...

yes it includes all the features of those two programs and more besides, hence the higher price - there are details on the website of the pro only features

as for guarantees - you get a free trial for up to 30 days

Edit: Steve beat me to it...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by ShapeShifter View Post
    The later two are cut down versions of DP7.

Actually, I thing I'd be more correct in saying the P&GD7 is a cut down version of DP6 because it does not include any of the newer version 7 web features.