Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Putting a video on my Site

Hi all,
    I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right area or not.
    However - I have edited a video using Windows Live Movies, that I want to publish to my site.
    I read the help section (Xara6) and it said that I could simply drag & drop video onto my page, or select the video file and import it.
    I tried this but it didn't work. I am assuming that I need to convert the video file or something. I checked the 'file properties' and they are called 'wimp' files.

Can anyone give me some straightforward procedures that I can follow so I can put video on my site.
    Should I export to youtube and then imbed from you tube to my site? Can I convert Windows Live Movies files easily?

This is my first time attempting this so any help is appreciated. Or maybe there is a tutorial somewhere that you can guide me to.

Thanks and best regards,
    Eoinmc

Default Re: Putting a video on my Site

Windows Live Movie maker saves as .WMV which are not supported by Xara.
    You can convert to .MP4 (h.264 codec) and .FLV using FormatFactory (google it)

Both these video container types can be drag'n'dropped into Xara

A few years back I got the advice to use SWF, because that's better for multi-platforms (windows, Mac,...). These days with smartphones a.o. is that still the case ? Or is MP4 now a better choice ?
    Guy -

I love these tools

Thanks ShapeShifter,
    I've done as you've suggested. So far so good. I've another bit to go, so I'll let you know about progress later.
    Best regards,
    Eoinmc

Quote Originally Posted by guyke View Post
    A few years back I got the advice to use SWF, because that's better for multi-platforms (windows, Mac,...).
    Flash (swf) isn't supported by iPhones or iPads, so yes - that has changed.
    HTML5 is - and Xara (version 7) writes html5 video tags as well as the more common object tags for .MP4 and .FLV

Thanks Shapeshifter
    Guy -

I love these tools