Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default A community project, animated kaleidoscope.

In case you have not seen the post in challenges community project http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...munity-project I am attempting to get as many of you as possible to contribute your ideas on making an animated kaleidoscope using only Xara programs. While I have been at work on this for awhile, I am not looking for someone to do it for me I am looking for ideas though on how we could accompolish this goal I have found some good examples showing what the ultimate goal is but I will not post the examples for fear of copywrite infrigment. I did post some url's in the challenge thread though. Any and all are welcome to and hopefully will contribute. Preferably with an example of your own and brief description on how you did what you did so that we may all decide if it meets the goal or not so that we may all learn. I feel thit in this way we can all take pride in ownership of the final result. I know it is a difficult project but the real goal is for as many of us as possible to pull together and get excited or at least interested in doing this. This, as it happens is simply the project I have chosen.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Default Re: A community project, animated kaleidoscope.

Not much traction for this idea Larry. This sounds like the kind of project Egg or Steve would be really good at solving.

My head goes all kaleidoscopic just thinking about what would be involved.

Default Re: A community project, animated kaleidoscope.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Not much traction for this idea Larry. This sounds like the kind of project Egg or Steve would be really good at solving.

My head goes all kaleidoscopic just thinking about what would be involved.
    Yes Gary,
    There seemed to be some interest at first, but it's slowed down.
    Anyway I was hoping to get some others like Egg or Steve or salaam involved.
    I try to keep this thread going by posting my failures and even minor successes so we can build on what obviously didn't work for someone else.
    It's begining to look more and more like some kind of automated process to keep the whole thing changing like I want would be necessary.
    At present I am doing little else other then using multiple frames that are pains takenly put together to make an animation. Figuring out how to do even that has been somewhat of a problem. But so far those are the most likely canidates. You can see my latest attempt in the challenge forum.
    In Gimp they use scripts, in Blender a camera views morrored surfaces reflecting a rotating surface. In Xara I don't know, but I keep getting these crazy scheme ideas that in build on things I have seen done in X3D but how to really put some ot them into practice is something I know nothing about. I remember a rotating can with label on it, so I thought maybe something similar to that, like two belt sanders aligned and rotating in opposite directions might be feasable, but I don't really know. The major flaw in that scheme though is that I'm fairly certain that more then two (as in a vertical pair and a horizontal pair.) would not work. I have thought of the flip book type thing and numerous other things, none of which work for me at least. But I haven't given up yet.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.