Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to create username/pasword interface?

How to create username/password interface?Thanks

Default Re: How to create username/pasword interface?

You can either use a .htaccess password file on your server or use something like this demo

I am using Designer Pro 7 and Windows 7, 64-bit.

I am trying to password protect a single page (out of 10) in my website. I tried following the Steve Dawson procedure referred to by ShapeShifter. I would appreciate clarification on some of the steps in Steve's procedure. I have attached a JPG copy of Steve's procedure with my questions in red; I hope you can understand my questions.

Peter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Password.JPG 
Views:	142 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	83607  

When you name a placeholder <HTML> you are telling xara to place the code *above all else*. DO NOT place the code in the <head> section.

In previous versions of WD and DP, all code went into one area (Replace with HTML code) and special names used to tell Xara where to place it on export.
    There is no need to use <head> with version 7 because there is an area now for this.

The first part named <HTML> goes in the HTML code (body) *not the head*
    The second part is another placeholder in the HTML code (body). This object must be sent to the back (Ctrl+B)
    The tracker code area is replace by the HTML code (body) of the 'Page tab' (not Website or Placeholder tab)
    Whichever page you are protecting, it must have a .php extension rather than .htm - if it's a page other than index, then you can name this directly in the Page tab where it asks for 'Page filename'

Making progress but still not there. It's 2am and my eyes are crossing
    It still did not work right when I tried incorporating the procedure into a test page in my website folder. So I created a new page outside of my website and went through the procedure with only the password stuff on the page. Still not right. I am using the Prevue function which seems to work well when viewing other web pages in my website.

The attached jpeg is a snapshot of the previewed page.
    Also attached is the Xara file.

I'll appreciate it if you take a look at the Xara file. Thank you!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Password pix.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	83609  
    Attached Files Attached Files

You cannot preview PHP locally Peter, you have to publish it to your host who must support PHP.
    PHP is a server side scripting language which processing your file before serving it to the web browser.

Also, you cannot export the first page to .php as you have tried. Xara will always create a .htm extension for the first page.
    Finally, avoid uppercase letters for your page names.