Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: New CMS, works with Xara web pages!

Good job, XT, really good job. I look forward to seeing this product mature and gain a successful, profitable following.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Thanks beret!

* If I installed this on a Top-Level Domain can I then use it on sub-domains?
    Right now a domain license covers all sub domains aswell, so with one license you can install multiple instances of the cms on different subdomains or in different folders if you like. If you are using the cms on a subdomain it would be best to install the files on the subdomain.

* At the moment I have a site where one area of the page is scrolling content updated by the customer (I currently use Zoho writer in an i-frame). If I used your program would it dynamically move the bottom of the page - and content - downwards so that there would be no need for scrollbars?
    For pages exported from Xara you need to use the dynamic page tweak to do this. Some of the pages on the demo site are using this tweak already, for example if you check out the latest blog post on the demo site, as new comments are left by visitors the page stretches down and moves the footer down to accomodate the new content. If you have long pages and short pages with dynamic content you can also create long and short versions of the page in Xara and then select the most appropriate one to use for a particular page in the cms.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Thanks for your response :-)
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Interesting post. It´s great to see more people expanding and trying to monetize around Xara universe/products. This could be a great product if well supported and developed. Good luck and hope everything goes as you expect.
    I would like to try it myself to check out how easy (or not) is to set it up and how it works with Designer Pro.

Could this be used to allow a user to update their own image portfolio with out using xara?

I use Xara with Joomla to authenticate and manage my users. I think it is a good thing if we can import users to your system.

Could this be used to allow a user to update their own image portfolio with out using xara?
    An admin user can add an unlimited amount of images to a category/page. "Out of the box" these would be displayed like the popup gallery on the left of this page http://www.xt-cms.com/xara-demo/?news=1311093206900 , position and styling of this gallery can be changed with a little css and php.

I use Xara with Joomla to authenticate and manage my users. I think it is a good thing if we can import users to your system.
    I have imported users from oscommerce before but not Joomla. If it was really needed I'd look into it.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

The commnets could be moderated? Is there a captcha to at least, prevent spam ?

Comments can be set to publish right away (the demo blog is set to this at the moment) or you can choose to moderate them first and also publish/unpublish/modify/delete comments as you see fit. There are some anti-spam measures already in place on comment and contact forms, but I plan on adding either captcha or security question option too. I'm leaning towards security question.

Has anyone tried this yet?