Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Creating Tables in XWD6

Hi Guys,
    Can anyone direct me how do I create tables in XWD6 without going the hardcode route?
    I need to create the tables by selecting the table format and pop it onto the page.
    Please help.

Default Re: Creating Tables in XWD6

A google search for 'TABLES' at TG give about 850 results, probably because you aren't the first to ask about this
    Check some out.

I don't have a problem creating tables by using HTML, My brother needs to update it from time to time with new prices, and he struggles with HTML.
    Im just gonna create a table and save it as an image. He can then use XWD6 to add the data to it. Xara should think of adding an option for Tables. I want to upgrade to version 7 as this product has helped me and saved me allot on time
    Thanks again guys.

Xara isn't a HTML editor so never will add HTML tables.
    If you look at the results of the search I provided you will find many many solutions to this oft'asked question
    Yep, I recommend the version 7 upgrade, it's worth it for sure.

Just because XWD isn't an HTML editor doesn't exclude it from ever being able to add HTML tables. Serif's WebPlus isn't an HTML editor either. It has the ability to do tables and generate the HTML for them. It isn't rocket science--it's Xara seeing it as a beneficial addition and to simply do it.

And seeing how the core code is intertwined, XDP would also benefit from being able to create tables from a designer's perspective.